Winspear Opera House Rules
To ensure the safety of all patrons and guests, Winspear Opera House has created the following code of conduct and policy guidelines. Please review and follow the rules and policies below as failure to abide by them may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact the box office at 214-880-0202.
Winspear Opera House is proud to offer the following accommodations.
For more information or to discuss specific needs, please call 214-978-3632 at least two weeks before your ticketed event’s start date.
- Accessible entrances, restrooms, and seating are available throughout the venue
- Sign Language Interpretation is available for certain shows
- Assisted Listening Devices are available free of charge with a valid form of ID
- Open Captioning is available at certain shows
- Accessible Parking is available at all levels in clearly marked spaces
Showtimes start promptly at the time listed on your ticket. If a guest arrives late, they may be asked to wait in the lobby until an appropriate break period or during intermission. For certain shows, there may be no intermission period. To avoid frustration, please make sure you arrive no later than 30 minutes before the shows ticketed start time.
Large bags are not allowed in the venue. All bags (camera bags, purses, backpacks, etc) are subject to search upon entering Winspear Opera House.
Please have your bag ready for search before entering entrance doors to accelerate the process.
Cameras are not allowed in the theatre without prior written consent. If a specific show or event allows cameras, then it will be detailed in the event or program guide.
If an event is canceled due to inclement weather or artist cancellation, then ticket holders will be informed as soon as possible through media and the website. Please contact the venue at 214-880-0202 to ask about refunds or postponements.
Children are welcome at most events, however, every patron must have a ticket regardless of age or seating requirements. As a courtesy to other guests, patrons are asked to bear in mind that it is not appropriate for small children to attend events where silence is necessary to fully enjoy the performance. In all cases, infants in arms are not permitted.
Please note on performances where children are in attendance, strollers, baby carriers, car seats and/or booster seats are not permitted in the theater seating area.
Dress Code Policy
There is no official dress code. Any attire that complements the spirit of the performance or occasion you are attending is the way to go!
Food and Beverage Policy
Outside food and beverages are not allowed within Winspear Opera House. You can purchase refreshments from the concessions stand before the show or during intermissions. Some shows and performances will allow concessions to be brought into the theatre. Please check the program guide for details.
The nonprofit AT&T Performing Arts Center prohibits the open carrying of handguns on the premises (Texas Penal Code 30.07) and prohibits concealed carrying of handguns at certain events (30.06).
Lost and Found
Lost something during a show? Contact event staff for help with finding the lost and found station for The Winspear Opera House. After the show, please contact the venue at 214-978-3620.
Winspear Opera House does not claim responsibility for lost or missing items.
This is a partial list of items that are not allowed within the venue.
- Weapons of any type—including firearms, knives, sharp-edged objects
mace and pepper spray
- Weapons with a carry permit are also prohibited
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in the venue
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances or paraphernalia associated with drug use
- Backpacks, briefcases, or purses larger than 12”x12”x6”• Outside food and beverage
Computers, laptops or tablets
- Animals. Only certified service animals, or service animals in training, will be allowed. Must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles
- Audio or video recording devices, professional cameras or cameras with removable lenses, selfie sticks or tripods
- No professional photography without authorization
- Laser pens/pointers of any type
- Flag poles or any support frames for banners/signs• Fireworks or any other incendiary devices
- Strollers are not permitted into the seating areas
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by the event/building management team
Subject to change without notice
Those who leave during the performance will not be readmitted until the end of the work or at intermission.
The Winspear Opera House is a smoke-free venue. Smoking, including pipes, cigars, vapes, and any other smoking paraphernelia is strictly prohibited within the venue.